On Friday 4 May, Berwick Grammar Year 11 and 12 students attended a LinkedIn seminar run by Deakin University on Personal Branding and promoting to students the importance of having an online professional student presence.
We then travelled in to Caulfield Racecourse and attended the VCE Career Expo. Students had the opportunity to attend VCE revision seminars, speak with Tertiary representatives about future course options.
On 22 May the Year 12 students attended an Elevate Seminar on how to Ace Your Exams. All students were focussed and found our guest speaker very engaging. The 7 steps for preparation excellence include:
- Give yourself adequate time – minimum 3 weeks prior to exam
- Go through past papers and identify where you lost marks
- Get teachers advice
- Learn from people around you
- Fix the mistakes – redo questions you incorrectly answered in previous tests and/or essays
- Use an exam planner
- Practice papers – aim for 3-5 per subject.