St Margaret’s Berwick Grammar is a school of choice for international students and we are actively seeking families who are interested in hosting an international student in your home.
Students select our school based on reputation as well as the opportunity to participate in homestay, as this accommodation type significantly enhances an international student’s experience.
The school offers homestay solutions:
- through our appointed directly through our homestay provider Australian Homestay Network (AHN); as well as
- directly through our school and local education community families who have children of school age
Homestay is a term used to describe full board accommodation offered by a family, a couple or a single person for which a set weekly fee is charged. This fee covers all expenses associated with providing food and shelter to an international student. This includes providing:
- A single room for the student’s use
- Three meals a day, seven days a week
- Facilities – a bed, wardrobe, towels and linen
- Utilities – gas, electricity, heating and water costs
- Cleaning services of common living areas
- Use of living areas within residence
- Study facilities – desk, study light, bookcase
- A home for a full school year (Jan – Dec)
You can apply to become a homestay with AHN through the following link: ANH
You can also apply to become homestay host directly with the school though the link below. To complete this form, you will need:
- About 15 minutes to complete the form.
- Copies of Working with Children Checks for each adult (over the age of 18) living in the house.
- Photos of the residence living in the house, the home and the room.
- A short welcome for potential guests
- A short profile about you the host, what you do and enjoy doing
- A short introduction about the other residence in the house.